Raising children is one of the most fulfilling, exciting and challenging task that every parent faces from the moment the child is born. Children are not born with a manual, and parents are always seeking for information to deal with everyday challenges of child rearing.
The Parent Support Group at the Islamic Center of Northern California (ICCNC) is an interactive parent-to-parent discussion in a six-week session to address central parenting concerns as follows:
• Happy marriage and happy kids
• How to build a positive and trusting relationship with your child
• Understanding your children and identity crisis
• Children, social media, and technology use
• How to discipline and set limits for your child
• Healthy life, study skills, sleep hygiene
Discussion groups will be led by Mehrnoosh Paya, M.S., P.P.S., and Licensed Educational Psychologist (LEP). The meetings will be held on the following Saturdays from 2:00 to 3:30 at ICCNC.
Place: Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California
Time: 2:00 to 3:30
Dates: April 14, 21, 28, May 12, 19, and June 2, 2018
Fees: $50.00 Individual or $75:00 Couple Parents are encouraged to attend as a couple. The registration takes place on April 14th prior to the session and it will be closed after the first session.