ICCNC Has an Opening for Event and Facility Rental Coordinator
June 25, 2019
Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California (ICCNC) seeks an energetic, full-time Event and Facility Rental Coordinator to market and manage ICCNC’s facility rentals and coordinate the Center’s events. The Event and Facility Rental Coordinator is responsible for planning and overseeing the execution of all events. Responsibilities include marketing rental facilities, maintaining rental schedules, administering rental contracts, coordinating vendors, and managing and coordinating ICCNC’s events
ICCNC is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3), religious, community-based organization located in downtown Oakland, CA. ICCNC provides religious, cultural, and educational programs to its community members and the San Francisco Bay Area. It offers Islamic services such as weddings and memorial services, provides facility rentals, hosts concerts, art exhibits, and other special events.
The Event & Facility Rental Coordinator is a part-time, 20-25 hours/week, position. Work hours mostly includes Saturdays and Sundays, with some flexibility based on the events calendar, plus additional flextime during the week which may include some evening hours.
This position entails the following general areas of responsibility:
• Research, develop, and maintain current and competitive policies, procedures, and rates for renting the ICCNC facilities.
• Develop marketing materials to publicize and promote the rental facilities.
• Negotiate, review, and oversee the rental contracts.
• Maintains and communicates a schedule of the facility rentals to determine the availability of facilities for bookings and ensures there are no conflicting events or dates for the internal or other rental events.
• Oversee all special events internal to ICCNC as well as for rental
• Notify Executive Officers of any need for fire and police department protection; damage to the facility; anticipated security or safety risks; of any special maintenance needs.
• Submit invoices to rental customers and keep track of rental payments, submit financial reports to the Treasurer and the Board of Directors
• Monitor and manage the facility’s security systems
• Monitor and manage ICCNC facilities such as heating, cooling, lights, audio-visual, and make sure they are in working condition
• Notify Executive Officers of any need for facility repair
The ideal candidate will be responsible, detail‐oriented, proactive and have the ability to represent the Islamic Cultural Center in a friendly and enthusiastic manner
• B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited University is a preference (MBA, or Graduation from a College of Hotel and Restaurant Management preferred).
• Strong knowledge of the Social Media and Digital Marketing
• 2-5 years of experience in planning special events in a business or non-profit organization (preferably in a museum, hotel, or restaurant management).
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Experience operating and troubleshooting essential audio/visual equipment
• Maturity, diplomacy, calm under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Strong communications skills, written and oral
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and good judgment
• Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
• Personal integrity and ethical standards
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to ICCNC, 1433 Madison Street Oakland CA 94612