ICCNC Has an Opening for Office Manager Position
June 25, 2019
Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California (ICCNC) seeks an energetic, part-time Office Manager to support the organization’s operations. The Office Manager maintains ICCNC’s office systems, files, schedule of Islamic services, and supervises a small number of staff and volunteers. The Office Manager is in direct contact with the ICCNC community and the general public; therefore, this position is crucial in advancing ICCNC’s vision and mission. The Office Manager reports to the BOD Chairperson.
ICCNC is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3), religious, community-based organization located in downtown Oakland, CA. ICCNC provides religious, cultural, and educational programs to its community members and the San Francisco Bay Area. It offers Islamic services such as weddings and memorial services, provides facility rentals, hosts concerts, art exhibits, and other special events.
The Office Manager is a part-time position, about 20-25 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. The manager must work Saturdays with some flexibility based on the ICCNC’s events calendar.
This position entails the following general areas of responsibility:
• Respond to public inquiries regarding ICCNC services and programs and direct various questions and comments to appropriate ICCNC staff or volunteers as necessary.
• Maintain office services by organizing the office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
• Manage and schedule Islamic services, such as marriage, divorce, and funeral ceremonies.
• Keep the Board of Directors informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
• Maintain a team of volunteers with various skills by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training them.
• Manage the monthly rentals of ICCNC parking spaces
• Manage facility maintenance and janitorial needs and supervise the staff and vendors.
• Perform office filings, documentation, and required mailing.
The ideal candidate will be responsible, detail-oriented, proactive, and can represent ICCNC in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
• Having a B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university is preferred.
• Strong writing skills, knowledge of social media, and digital marketing is an advantage.
• Two to five years of experience in an office setting of a business or nonprofit organization.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Experienced in operating and troubleshooting necessary IT equipment
• Customer oriented and calm under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Strong communications skills, written and oral
• Resourcefulness and good judgment
• Value diversity of perspectives and ethnicity
• Ability to multi-task
• Attention to details
• Personal integrity and ethical standards
Please email a cover letter with your resume and list of three references to email@example.com or mail them to ICCNC, 1433 Madison Street Oakland CA 94612.